Job Number 22220795
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location London Marriott Hotel Kensington, 147 Cromwell Road, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
*£1000 Joining Bonus
London Marriott Hotel Kensington
At the 4 star London Marriott Hotel Kensington, ideally located near London’s best-known landmarks, we stand out from the crowd. We relentlessly pursue our craft. We support one another, strive for excellence and advance our expertise. We are versatile. Situated within a soaring, seven-story atrium, we are empowered to stay in control and soar above it all.
Why work with us?
In addition to the benefits you would expect being part of a brand of our calibre, you will also be offered:
• A unique opportunity to be part of an award winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent
• Part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world- this means national and internal promotion opportunities for the right candidates. The sky is your limit here
• World class training and development programmes tailored to enhancing your skills and help you grow within the Marriott family.
• Work alongside some amazing talent- award winning, experienced hospitality professionals
• Discounted room nights, meals,and spa access-because your well being means so much
• Access to fabulous and flexible benefits to help you in and out of work- including health and life assurance
• Access to major high street discounts so you can treat your friends and family as required
The impact you’ll make
This is a great opportunity to learn how a kitchen operates from the ground up We are looking for candidates who enjoy the pace and variety of a professional kitchen, want to learn new skills and build a career in hospitality and want to join a friendly dedicated and supportive team.
What you’ll do
• Assisting the kitchen brigade by ensuring that the kitchen is maintained at a high level of cleanliness at all times
• Manage the pot and plate wash areas.
What we’re looking for
• Possess a good command of English
• An excellent verbal manner
• At least some experience of stewarding/Kitchen Porter duties
• Good organisation skills with an attention to detail
• A team Player with flexible & positive attitude
• Hardworking and consistent
* The joining bonus will be paid in two instalments. £500 upon successful completion of probation, and a further £500, 3 months post probation completion. Welcome bonus will be subject to normal Tax & NI deductions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.