We are looking for an ambitious, dedicated and service-oriented Events & Groups Manager to join the fantastic team in the London Marriott Hotel Kensington.
As the Events & Groups Manager, you will be championing the operations at the London Marriott Hotel Kensington but would require to be flexible to work within the Central London Cluster Marriott Hotels.
- London Marriott Hotel County Hall
- London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch
- London Marriott Hotel Kensington
- London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
- London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale
If you are a passionate events & groups professional looking to develop within an amazing brand and the world’s biggest travel company get in touch with us today! See where your journey can take you.
The Events & Groups Manager is responsible for incoming enquiries (electronic & telephone); from conversion through to transition to the operations team for event execution and then back to sales.
As the Events & Groups Manger, you will mainly deal with all external enquiries, and will provides excellent customer service during every element of the event or group enquiry process; taking the initial enquiry, negotiating rates, contracting and pre –event, during event and post event planning.
They will need to be dynamic and have good attention to detail coupled with strong selling, negotiation & organizational skills. Good communication skills are required to coordinate with relevant hotel departments as well as the customer to ensure a seamless and consistent high level of service throughout the sales & event cycle.
They will recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue through upselling, conversion, and drive repeat business. The Events & Groups Manager takes personal responsibility to adhere to sales and event brand standards for enquiry handling, event planning, pre & post-event.
- Ownership for the management and conversion of assigned enquiries
- Coordination of all customer requirements, including communication and completing verbally and in writing with the customer the details of an event up to handover to operations on the day of event execution.
- Expertise in menu planning, food presentation, meeting room set ups, audio-visual and banquet service standards. Cooperate with Banqueting Operation and Kitchen team to develop new F&B concepts according to the Meetings Imagined.com purposes
- Correct use of systems process to ensure booking integrity, consistency & accuracy.
- Sells to a pre-determined event and group strategy
- Works within brand standards & systems processes
- Generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
- Effectively manages bedrooms blocks and meeting space inventory for assigned groups
- Conducts compelling show rounds to win the business
- Execution of Meetings Imagined.com, MSA
- Proactively resolicits previous customers and event bookers for future opportunities
In addition to the benefits you would expect being part of a brand of our calibre, you will also be offered:
• A unique opportunity to be part of an award winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent
• Part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world- this means national and internal promotion opportunities for the right candidates. The sky is your limit here
• World class training and development programmes tailored to enhancing your skills and help you grow within the Marriott family.
• Work alongside some amazing talent- award winning, experienced hospitality professionals