With its fragrant walled gardens, stately Jacobean country house & 200 acres of Hertfordshire parkland, the historic Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club makes a lasting impression. Marriott International the world’s largest hotel company with more than 500 global locations and 600,000 associates worldwide is redefining the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. Combining old school, classic elegance and impressive grandeur with a contemporary, holistic approach, Hanbury Manor Marriott delivers premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted experiences for the discerning.
Effectively manages the day-to-day operation of the Finance Department to execute finance and accounting responsibilities for the property. Provide assistance to the Director of Finance and Finance Manager in developing the annual business plan, operating budgets, forecasts, financial reports, tax compliance, and profit and loss statements. Works through own team and influences department managers to ensure appropriate controls are in place to manage business risks.
Responsibilities encompass overseeing the Income Audit, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & the General Cashier functions. In addition, the Finance Supervisor will ensure that all months end related General Ledger activity including Balance Sheet reconciliations is completed according to period end requirements.
The role of the Finance Supervisor includes covering the following areas – but at any given time primary duties will be assigned on one or more areas:
- Accounts Receivable
- Credit Control
- General Cashier
- Accounts Payable
- Events Billing
- Income Audit
- Associated month end responsibilities
- Previous experience working within a self-accounting hotel is desirable.
- Supervisory experience is desirable.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service
- Demonstrate leadership, teamwork & delegation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong English communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization and working to deadline skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations desirable but not essential
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must possess a high degree of numerical literacy
- Pro-active, reliable & must display an extremely high degree of integrity
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Flexibility of hours due to period end requirements (which may include weekends and public holidays)
Education or Certification
- Excellent level of English essential
- Bachelor’s degree preferable but not a pre-requisite
Financial & Account Management
- Supervise the functions of Income Audit, ensuring accurate daily Gross Revenue Report’s (GRR’s), leading to authentic Profit & Loss statements. Ensure electronic circulation packs are complete and accurate on daily basis and distributed for signed off. Ensure all concession and third-party revenue is reconciled daily, and interfaced systems are in balance.
- Supervise the functions of Accounts Payable, ensuring the processing of all invoices for goods received/bought by the Hotel. Supervise purchasing and procurement procedures, particularly relating to correct documentation and authorization of expenditure, leading to accurate expenditure records.
- Supervise functions of the General Cashier area, ensuring adherence to the Cash Handling LSOP and assist in the solution of any problems which may arise.
- Supervise the Accounts Receivable function, ensuring invoices are sent out on timely basis, and with particular focus on credit control.
- Support and supervise Finance and Operational team to ensure KPI requirements are met and property is compliant.