The Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh require an experienced Chief Engineer to manage and maintain the Hotel and Spa facility, including the physical building structure, all plant and FF&E, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. The role combines both project management and project support responsibilities. You will ensure that all legal requirements are complied with, and that budgetary goals are met. The position is also responsible for the safety and security of guests and associates of the Hotel, especially in relation to Fire & Life Safety, Evacuation and Security issues. You will ensure full compliance with, and implementation of, UK Fire & Life Safety Legislation, plus Corporate and Hotel policies and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Engineering team to ensure smooth operation of hotel & Spa
- Assist to prepare all Capital Project Releases and co-ordinate all related work.
- Prepare technical data, bidding, project work, alterations for the property, having knowledge of building regulations and codes.
- Project documentation, project briefs
- Risk and issues management, quality checks
- Project planning, resource allocation and monitoring, budget management
- Project communication, project board meetings and communication plans
- Prepare, update and implement Standard Operating Procedures within the department.
- Prepare department manpower schedules in accordance with the business demands of the hotel. Oversee daily and weekly rosters.
- Design, maintain and ensure the planned preventative maintenance programme for the building, plant and equipment is operational to maintain a high level of guest comfort and safety.
- Key relationship and communication with major stakeholders
- Ensure work schedules are prioritized in accordance with guest needs.
- Ensure that CAFM system is fully utilized by the team and hotel departments.
- Ensure supervision and control of line staff and contractors are effective to ensure optimum performance, efficient and safe working procedures, meeting all legislative standards.
- Responsible for reviewing, revising, updating and implementing Security and Safety procedures
- Conduct regular Fire Safety inspections within the buildings, liaising with the Fire Department as necessary; ensuring fire doors / corridors are effective and safe.
- Implement and actively supervise the hotel’s energy management programme.
- Oversee water treatment programmes.in accordance with L8 Compliance
- HND/HNC Engineering or Electrical.
- Professional qualification in Engineering or Electrical vocation.
- Prince 2 project management
- Pool plant operators course
- NEBOSH certificate level